Monday 12 November 2012

Innocent Tears - Iris Blobel

I'm welcoming fellow Astraea Press author Iris Blobel to the blog today to talk about her latest release.  Over to you, Iris! :0)

***

Hello everyone – First of all I’d like to thank Liz for having me on her blog to tell you a bit about Melbourne. Why? Easy - my latest book “Innocent Tears” is set in this very southern city. We’re talking Melbourne Australia – 4.1 Mio in population, currently buzzing with horseracing, soon host of international cricket games  AND host of the Australian Open every year in January.

But this is not supposed to be an ad for Melbourne, but a bit of background for my story. I live about 100 km west of Melbourne – small town, but just right to raise children and just the right distance to be able to hop to Melbourne and enjoy the international flair of the Arts, Sports or Entertainment.


Melbourne is a constant buzz. A melting pot and has something on offer for everyone. My favourite spot? Probably along the Yarra River, and I added a little scene into the book, where Flynn, the main character, watches the world go by as he looks over Southbank. 

The city with four seasons in one day has a lot to offer, not only the beach, but also the mountains, which are only an hour or two away. The marine life, and one of the most popular surf beaches in the world: Bells Beach where they filmed “Point Break” with Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze.


 For me that was the perfect setting for “Innocent Tears” where the two worlds of Flynn, Business Lawyer, and little Nadine, only six years old, collide.



Thank you all for stopping by. I appreciate it!

Blurb:

Becoming a parent can be daunting at the best of times, but for Flynn, a business lawyer in Melbourne, it almost pulls the feet from right underneath him. He’s become a father to six-year-old Nadine literally overnight! He had no idea about her existence, and the news throws him into chaos, even more so when he is asked to take over custody. 

With the help of Emma, an employee at the hotel where Nadine and her grandparents are staying, and his parents, Flynn tries to do the right thing. Yet, the right thing in his eyes differs from his parents’, and Emma is voicing her opinion as well. And right in the middle is little Nadine, still grieving the loss of her mother and finding a wonderful friend in Emma. There’s no doubt she’s afraid where and with whom she will settle.


But in the end, it’s a letter Flynn receives that helps him figuring out what to do.


Where you can buy “Innocent Tears”


Where you can find me online:


***
Thank you, Iris - very best of luck with Innocent Tears,  it sounds a fabulous read and I would love to go to Melbourne one day.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me, Liz! Hopefully we'll get to see you in Melbourne one day ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome, Iris. Melbourne is on my list of places to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a unique theme that sounds really good. I like it. I just joined this group and already I've found a new author!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patty - thanks for stopping by. Hope you will enjoy the story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iris, I know I've probably told you this a thousand times, but your cover is beautiful! Off to share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Sandy. Yes, I agree, the cover is well done, I'm pretty stoked with it :-)

    ReplyDelete