Wednesday 2 May 2012

Glamour Puds

Everyone loves a pudding (or if you prefer, dessert).  I know I do *g*  So I was delighted to stumble across a little gem of a programme on Channel 4 called Glamour Puds.

Glamour Puds is presented by one of the world's best patisserie chefs, Eric Lanlard.  Series 2, currently showing again on Channel 4 in the UK is about the legacy of the very first celebrity chef, Marie-Antoine Careme.


Over 10 episodes Eric and his guests chart Careme's rise from humble beginnings in late 18th century Paris to become 'King of Chefs', his influence on patisserie and his legacy.

And along the way, Eric makes some sumptuous desserts :0)  All the recipes are listed on the Channel 4 website here by searching for Glamour Puds.    Check out this link on YouTube too ;0)


Souffle Pompadour is one of my favourites.  Yum!



Marie-Antoine Careme gets a brief mention in my latest Regency romance, A Bright Particular Star, available from Astraea Press, Amazon US, Amazon UK, B&N, Smashwords.

Happy Cooking!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link to the YouTube video. I'm not much of a cook, but I did like to see the elaborate creations based on those made for the Prince Regent - it was at Brighton Pavilion wasn't it? They'd certainly suit the setting.

    I thought of you when we went to Wollaton Park in Nottingham recently. The Industrial Museum had a phaeton. It looked rather the worse for wear because it was dated 1698. I hadn't thought they were that old. (There was a coach next to it with the same date.) Not very comfortable in this rainy weather either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Brighton Pavilion I think :0) LOL would not like to be in a phaeton in tis weather!

    ReplyDelete